Landlord’s Boiler Services
The office for National Statistics state that the number of households living in the private rental sector in the UK rose from 2.8 million in 2007 to 4.5 million in 2017. A huge rise of 1.7 million (63%). With this level of growth it becomes even more important that each Landlord knows their duties. This includes providing a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate for your Wanborough rental property.
The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 is the main legislation for landlords in England and Wales.
All Landlords have a legal duty to ensure that their rental properties based in England or Wales are safe. Before and during a tenancy.
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe. These duties include providing a Gas Safety Report/Record and yearly gas service checks on the rental property.
Duties of a Landlord
If your Wanborough rental property is equipped with gas appliances you have the following duties:
- Gas safety checks: An annual gas safety check must carry out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will also make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Maintenance: All pipework, appliances and flues must maintain in a safe condition. You should also have your gas appliances serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. We recommend that all gas appliances have a service each year if these are not available unless advised otherwise by one of our Gas Safe registered engineers.
- Record: You must provide a record of the gas safety check to the tenant within 28 days or to new tenants prior to them moving in. Landlords must also keep copies of the gas safety record for a minimum of two years.
A Gas Safe registered engineer must carry out all installation, maintenance and safety checks. All Prestige Services gas heating engineers carrying out Landlords Gas Safety checks also carry the Gas Safe identity cards.
Landlord Gas Safety Certificates
After a registered Gas Safe engineer from Prestige Services has inspected and checked that all of the gas appliances in your rental property in Wanborough working, safe for use and are safe guarded against the dangers of Carbon Monoxide, we will provide a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate.
What details should the Landlords Gas Safety certificate contain?
- Site address of the property where the Gas Safety check is being carried out
- Name & Address of Landlord (or Letting Agent)
- Date on which the check took place on the appliance and/or flue
- Description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- Confirmation of the results of safety checks carried out on the appliances
- Any defect identified and any action needed or taken to fix
- Name, registration number and signature of the Gas Safe Engineer who carried out the check
The Landlord Gas Safety Certificates are in triplicate form, one is left on site for the tenant, the second is given to the Landlord/Letting Agent. Prestige keep the final copy for inspection if required by Gas Safe.
We also carry out gas boiler heating repairs and new gas boiler installations in Wanborough.
New Gas Boiler Installations Wanborough
If you would like a quote for a new gas boiler, we can arrange to visit your rental property to assess the current boiler and central heating system. We will then send you a no obligation quote for you to consider.
We can supply and install all manufacturers’ gas boilers but we specialise in Worcester Bosch boilers as we are accredited Worcester Platinum Installers.
Being FCA regulated (Financial Conduct Authority) means we are also able to offer finance both 0% and interest bearing on all Worcester Boilers that we install. We arrange the finance through Hitachi Capital (UK) Plc. This is available to Landlords subject to status and criteria.
Landlords Electrical Safety Checks
Our other division is Prestige Electrical Services with qualified Electrical Inspectors who provide an Electrical Installation Condition Report (Periodic Test) on the electrical wiring of the rental property. We also carry out all electrical work from changing a light fitting to re-wiring a property. If you need an Electrical Landlords Certificate for a rental property, please see here or feel free to contact us as below.
If you have any questions about our Landlord Gas Heating or Electrical services or you would like a no obligation quote for a new gas boiler, then please do give Leisa or a member of our team a call Wanborough, 01793 297017 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
We look forward to being of service to you for all Landlord Certificate needs.
To see the plumbing and heating services we can also provide, please click here.