Minety Landlord’s Gas Boiler Services & Certificates
The office for National Statistics state that the number of households living in the private rented sector in the UK increased from 2.8 million in 2007 to 4.5 million in 2017. A huge rise of 1.7 million (63%).. With those ever growing numbers of rental properties, it is very important that each Landlord knows their duty of care to each tenant. As a Landlord, you must provide a Gas Safety Certificate for your rental property in Minety.
The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 is the main legislation for landlords in England and Wales.
All Landlords have a legal duty to ensure that their rental properties based in England or Wales are safe. Before a tenancy begins and throughout its duration.
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, gas fittings and flues provided at the rental property are safe. This means that a Gas Safety Report/Record and yearly service checks must carry out on all rental properties.
Responsibilities for a Landlord
If your Minety rental property is equipped with gas appliances you have the following duties:
- Gas safety checks: An annual gas safety check must carry out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Maintenance: All pipework, appliances and flues must maintain in a safe condition. You should have your gas appliances serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. We recommend that they have an annual service if the instructions are not available unless advised otherwise by one of our Gas Safe registered engineers.
- Record: You must provide a record of the gas safety check to the tenant within 28 days or to new tenants prior to them moving in. Landlords must also keep copies of the gas safety record for a minimum of two years.
A Gas Safe registered engineer must carry out all installation, maintenance and safety checks. All Prestige Services gas heating engineers carrying out Landlords Gas Safety checks are. They also carry the Gas Safe identity cards.
Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate – Minety
Once our Gas Safe engineer has completed the inspection and check of all of the gas appliances in the rental property and can confirm that they all safe for continual by the tenant and are safe guarded against the dangers of Carbon Monoxide, we will issue a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate.
The Landlord Gas Safety Certificates are in triplicate so that we can leave a copy at the Minety property for the tenant and give a copy to the Landlord/Letting Agent. Prestige will keep the final copy for our records and inspection if Gas Safe requires.
What details should the Landlords Gas Safety certificate include?
- Site address of the property where the Gas Safety check is being carried out
- Description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- Name & Address of Landlord (or Letting Agent)
- Confirmation of the results of safety checks carried out on the appliances.
- Any defect identified and any action needed or taken to fix
- Date on the checked appliance and/or flue
- Name, registration number and signature of the Gas Safe Engineer who carried out the check
Not only do we carry out Landlords Gas Safety Certificates, we also carry out gas boiler repairs and new installations.
Replacement Gas Boilers Minety
If you would like a quote for a replacement gas boiler, we can arrange to visit your Minety rental property at a convenient time, either with yourself or the tenant and assess the current gas central heating system. Once we produce a detailed quote, we will send you all of the details and costs for you to look over.
We can supply and install all manufacturers’ gas boilers but we do specialise in Worcester Bosch boilers. As Platinum accredited Installers, we have seen first-hand the build quality and the extensive testing that each and every boiler is put through at their factory in Worcester.
Being FCA regulated (Financial Conduct Authority) means we are also able to offer finance both 0% and interest bearing on all Worcester Boilers that we install. The finance is arranged through Hitachi Capital (UK) Plc. This is available to Landlords subject to status and criteria.
Landlords Certificates – Electrical
Our Electrical division is Prestige Electrical Services. We have qualified Electrical Inspectors who provide Electrical Installation Condition Reports (Periodic Tests) on the electrical wiring of rental properties. We can also carry out all electrical work from replacing a broken socket or light fitting to re-wiring a property. If you need an Electrical Landlords Certificate or any electrical work, please click here or contact us as below:
If you have any questions about our Landlord Heating or Electrical services or you would like a no obligation quote for a new gas boiler, then please do give Leisa or a member of our team a call on Minety, 01666 238299. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.
We look forward to being of service to you for all Landlord Certificate needs.
Please also see here to view all other plumbing and heating services we provide in your area.