Boiler Servicing – Gas & Oil
At Prestige Services we have Gas Safe and Oftec registered heating engineers providing boiler servicing for all boilers. Whether your boiler is mains Gas, LPG or Oil.
Why does a boiler need servicing annually?
The importance of servicing your gas or oil boiler each year is to ensure that your boiler is SAFE and working. Servicing your boiler regularly provides a number of important benefits:
- An annual boiler service is also a safety check. One of the safety checks will also be for carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer, therefore it is essential that your boiler has this checked at the time of the service. You should also make sure that you have Carbon Monoxide detectors in your home.
- The service will keep your boiler working efficiently by ensuring all individual parts are clean and in good working condition. This will also allow your boiler to burn fuel efficiently.
- To help to prevent boiler failures especially during the winter months when you rely heavily on your central heating system.
- This can also keep your boiler working for longer, helping to extend the life of the boiler.
- Worcester Bosch and all major boiler manufacturers recommend having your boiler serviced every year.
What happens on an annual boiler service?
- Inspection of the boiler and controls to make sure that they are working properly.
- Inspection of the main component parts.
- The boiler has a check for any corrosion and leaks.
- Check the gas pressure on gas boilers.
- Check the oil pressure on oil boilers.
- Test the flue to ensure no unsafe fumes are being emitted.
- Clean parts if the tests show this as a requirement.
- Leave a homeowners maintenance service record sheet with you.
- We will add you to our database to send you an boiler reminder each year.
An annual boiler service is important to the health of your boiler.
If you are a Landlord and have rental properties an annual gas safety check and certification of the gas boiler and any other gas appliance is a requirement by law. If you have an oil boiler at your rental property you have a duty of care to ensure that the oil boiler is working, safe and certificated accordingly. The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 is the main legislation for landlords in England and Wales.
Please do see our Landlord page for full details.
We can also supply and install all types of boilers, gas, LPG oil, regular, system or combi boilers. If you are looking to replace your existing boiler and would like a no obligation quotation, please do contact us and we can arrange to visit you to discuss and assess your needs.
If you would like further information about boiler servicing or you would like to book for your boiler to have a service, please contact Leisa or a member of the team on 0800 228 9574. You can also email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to being of service to you for all your boiler servicing requirements.