The Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey, appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
What does Gas Safe Register do?
The main focus of the Gas Safe Register is to continually improve and maintain gas safety to the highest standards. Gas safe make sure all gas engineers on the Register are qualified to work with gas.
Gas Safe work to protect the general public from unsafe gas work by:
- Having a dedicated national investigations team tracking down individuals working illegally.
- Regularly carry out inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- Educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- Investigating reports of unsafe gas work
Gas Safe Register is there to help keep you and your family safe.
Landlord Gas Safety Record
All of your gas appliances, including your gas boiler, gas cooker and gas fire should be gas safety checked once a year and serviced regularly according to manufacturer’s instructions. If you do not have your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked by a registered gas safe engineer you could be putting yourself and your family at risk and in possible danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. All our heating engineers at Prestige are gas safe registered.
What is a gas safety check?
A gas safety check involves a one of our gas safe registered heating engineers inspecting your gas appliances checking the appliances are working correctly and will check the following:
- Gas appliances are on the right settings and are burning correctly with the correct operating pressure
- Ensure harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
- All the safety devices are working
The gas safety check will detect any defects which require remedial work. You should have a gas safety check every year. If you are a landlord this is the law.
What is a Service?
Whilst a gas safety check assesses the basic safety of a gas appliance a service will be a full check of the gas appliance. Our gas safe heating engineers will:
- Take the appliance apart to inspect it
- Will assess the physical condition of the appliance, installation pipework, air vents and any flues for deterioration
- Will carry out performance tests
- Will carry out any necessary remedial action or arrange for a quotation if required
Your gas appliances do need to be serviced regularly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Have your gas appliances serviced regularly will not only make sure they are safe to use, it will maintain the efficiency and performance of each appliance.
Our Gas Safe registration number: 567529
If you have any questions or require any help with any aspect of your gas appliance please do give Leisa a call on 0800 228 9574 alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to help you.
We look forward to being of service to you.